Calendar of events: June 2, 2021 | News capsules
The following events were reported to us by the organizers or were taken from websites. To our knowledge, these events are expected to continue as planned. Canceled or postponed events will be marked as such. If an event has been canceled due to the coronavirus, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
– The Sutter County Museum will host its Certified Farmers Market from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 1333 Butte House Road, Yuba City. Face covers are mandatory. For more information visit www.suttercounty.org or the Sutter County Museum Facebook page.
– Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture will host Poetry Hour: Notes from the Field at 5 p.m. on the Yuba Sutter Arts Facebook page and YouTube channel. Poet and memorialist Marcelo Hernandez Castillo will lead a conversation with poets, artists, thinkers and other creative minds from the nation and the world. The lectures address the themes of art, life and writing in each session, allowing each guest to share their creative process and original work. The guest of this session will be Professor Josh Kinney, who teaches English at Sacramento State.
– Live Oak City Council will meet at 6 p.m. For more information on how to join the meeting or to view the agenda, visit www.liveoakcity.org.
– The Yuba City Seniors Commission will meet at 9:00 a.m. at the Yuba City Seniors Center, 777 Ainsley Ave., Yuba City. For more information on how to join the meeting or to view the agenda, visit www.yubacity.net.
– The Olivehurst Utility District Water and Wastewater Committee will meet at 5:45 pm For more information on how to join the meeting or to view the agenda, visit www.opud.org.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
–Al-Anon will meet from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at The Bride Church, 1321 Peach Tree Lane, Yuba City. For more information, call 334-6734.
– The Colusa Certified Farmers Market opens for the summer season and will feature several certified local vendors including Premier Mushrooms, Rosita Ranch, Ben’s Grass Fed Beef, Grindstone Wines, Jeffrey’s Ranch Pecans and O’Connell Ranch. The market is open every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and is located at the Veterans Memorial Park on the corner of Market and 10th Street in Colusa. The Colusa Certified Farmers Market accepts WIC, Senior Vouchers and CalFresh as part of the Market Match Incentive Program. For more information, contact Jennifer Diaz at 415-994-9082.
– The Decades Band will perform at Memorial Park, located at the corner of 10th and Market Street in Colusa, during the first installment of the Colusa Concerts in the Park series, organized by the City of Colusa. The music will start at 6.30 p.m. and a free line dancing class will take place at 5.30 p.m. For more information, contact the Colusa Recreation Department at 458-4941 ext 108.
– Yuba Sutter Arts & Culture musician in residence Tom Galvin will host an Open Mic – Spoken Word Poetry & Prose event at 6 p.m. via Zoom. The event will feature poets, writers and other presenters and opportunities for audience participation. To join, visit https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85327385183.
We hope you find this daily calendar of local events useful. You can help us by notifying us of any event that should be listed for the general public. Email us at [email protected] or call 749-6552. Make sure to provide your contact details. Thank you!
(Are you a club or organization that meets regularly? We can include that… let us know.)